Looking for a way to pack some extra veggie nutrition into your next batch of spaghetti or chicken parm? This Creamy Tomato Pasta is lightly sweetened and is the perfect side dish for fish, or chicken... or by itself!
Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 20 fl. oz. plain (no salt added) tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 Vanilla Sneakz Organic Milkshake
- 8oz. spaghetti or fettucine noodles
- Fresh Basil
- Parmesean cheese
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of avocado oil to a medium sauce pot. Let the oil heat over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir and let them saute/soften for 8-10 minutes until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add in minced garlic, stir and sautee for another 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine thoroughly, making sure to scrape all of the onions and sun-dried tomatoes off the bottom of the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Let the sauce simmer , with the lid on, for 20-25 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the vanilla milkshake. Using an immersion blender, puree the sauce until smooth. (You may also transfer the sauce to a standard blender, but allow it to cool some first if you are not using an immersion blender.) Add the cooked pasta to the tomato cream sauce, and toss to coat. Serve and garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!