Recipe and photography by Lunches + Littles
Like most mamas, I am usually pretty busy, and so want to make the most of the time I do have with my kiddos. So naturally, I love a delicious one pot, one pan meal. This Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice dish is made with minimal ingredients and time, and yes – just one pot! Time to table is just 30 minutes, making it perfect for any weeknight, especially those busy ones. And, with the addition of Sneakz, you get even more goodness and creaminess in the dish! If you are looking for a quick, delicious meal your whole family will enjoy – be sure to check out the full recipe for this dish below.
One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins
Yields: 4-6 servings
What You Need:
- Olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (diced finely)
- 1 and 1/2 lbs chicken tenders or thin sliced chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 and 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups broccoli florets (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 carton (1 cup) Sneakz Organic Vanilla Milkshake
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/4 cup scallions (chopped)
- *Please note: you can always add more/less of the produce as you see fit/ based on what works for your family. For example, I sometimes use 5 or 6 garlic cloves (we love garlic in our home), or more broccoli if we have it on hand.
How You Make It:
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a medium to large sized pot (or deep pan).
- Once hot, add diced onions and sauté over medium heat.
- Once onions soften, increase heat slightly and add chicken pieces to the pot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper as desired. Then, cook/ brown chicken. Once the chicken is browned, add garlic and continue to cook until dish is fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Push chicken to one side of the pot and add a little more olive oil to the side of the pan without the chicken.
- Add rice (uncooked) to the olive oil and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add chicken broth and Sneakz to the pot and stir slightly to combine.
- Bring chicken/ broth/ Sneakz mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat and simmer mixture (covered) for approximately 10 minutes.
- Then, add broccoli to the pot and stir gently until just combined. Cook an additional 7 minutes, approx. until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat, and gently stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and chopped scallions on top, if desired, right before serving.
For more quick and easy, family-friendly recipes and toddler meal inspiration, be sure to check out @lunchesandlittles on Instagram. Real food really can be fun!