It doesn't hurt to sneak in a little extra nutrition where you can, right? These Chicken Tenders by @lunchesandlittles are infused with our Sneakz Organic Milkshake in the breading which an easy way to add a boost of veggie infused goodness into a recipe that's fit for any table. Not a meat-eater? No problem. Substitute chicken in this recipe for a meat-free substitute like Gardein, or even some firm Tofu for a plant-based alternative.
What You Need
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 boxes of Sneakz Vanilla Milkshake
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp Baby Brain Organics Superfood Supplement
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste and peanut oil (or oil of your choice)
How You Make Them
- In a small bowl combine 2.5 containers Sneakz and lemon juice. Mix together, then let sit for 10-15 min until you see small curdled bits on top (this is your "buttermilk")
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and place in a shallow dish. Pour "buttermilk" over them and cover, allowing them to marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Once ready to cook, remove chicken from buttermilk and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Next, in a shallow dish whisk together eggs and the remaining 1/2 container of Sneaks. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine flour, seasonings, and Baby Brain Organics.
- Dip chicken strips, a few at a time, into the flour mixture until well coated. Them dip chicken in the egg and "buttermilk" bath again followed by another coat of the seasoned flour. Repeat once more until you've dipped three times.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees.
- Carefully add chicken strips in a single layer, frying for approx. 5 minutes, then turn the pieces over and fry the other side for 5 minutes. Turn again, frying for a total of 12-15 min total or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and transfer to plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Cut and serve with a sprinkle of oregano or parsley and serve with sides and sauces of your choice!