Prepare to Go Back to School with Sneakz
Parents can help their kids start the new school year off right by packing healthier lunchboxes. Kids who eat better do better in school, according to studies of Nova Scotia fifth-graders and of the Healthier Options for Public Schoolchildren program.
A balanced boxed lunch should combine nutrient-rich foods from each of the five food groups -- Dairy, Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, and Protein -- to supply the protein, fat and carbohydrates needed to sustain energy and concentration.
Luckily, there is no shortage of great ideas for delicious and nutritious kids’ lunch recipes and snack ideas online, and many can be made quickly and are easy to pack.
Healthier Kids and Happier Hearts
To get you started, we've rounded up some healthy, kid-friendly lunchbox meals that are not only appealing for kids to eat but also pack in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients they need.
Healthy recipes and back-to-school ideas for kids' lunches
- Sneakz Milkshakes: Kids love the taste of our chocolate, vanilla and strawberry milks, and parents love that they’re sneaking in a half serving of veggies per 8 oz serving of skim organic milk. Shelf stable packaging makes them perfect for kids’ lunchboxes.
- 100 Days of Real Food Roundup: Follow this popular blog on Facebook for even more fantastic kids’ lunch ideas.
- 6 Pre-K Lunch Ideas: Great tips for packing in nutrition and getting the little ones to eat what you pack.
- 6 Healthy Lunch Ideas: Fun recipes for Taco Tuesday and a Mediterranean theme and tips for prepping lunches.
- 5 Simple & Healthy School Lunch Ideas: Beautiful presentation gives these simple options added appeal.
- 20 Easy Bento Box Lunches: Entice kids to eat healthy food by making it fun and creative.
- 30 Healthy Lunchbox Ideas from Celebrity Chefs: These simple ideas take the stress out of packing.
- Turkey Wraps: Sneak a few more veggies into your kid's diet with these delicious wraps.
Need more inspiration? Check out these 50 back-to-school lunchbox ideas from Food.com.