post by Lunches and Littles
The holidays may be coming to a close, but gifting is always in style. Especially when the gift is a healthy one for someone you love or yourself! These little Apricot Energy Bites, or bliss balls as they are often referred to, are not only yummy and healthy, they are also SO easy to make, Seriously, if you blink, you may just miss the recipe. Oh, and did I mention that they are made from just five ingredients. Seriously, FIVE! See the full recipe below, featuring the brand new Sneakz Organic Meal2Grow Complete Nutrition Powder!, These little bites are totally kid-approved and perfect for any time of year!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 and 1/2 cups organic dried apricots
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 heaping scoop of Chocolate Sneakz Meal2Grow Complete Nutrition Powder
- 2 dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus additional coconut for rolling (if desired).
HOW YOU MAKE THEM:
- Place all of the above ingredients in a food processor and blend until they form a crumbly, but paste-like mixture. See picture below for reference.
- Take a small amount of your mixture and roll it into a small ball. Repeat this process until you have used all of the mixture. Tip: wet your hands a little when rolling; this will keep the mixture from sticking!
- Roll finished bites in coconut, if desired and serve! – YUM!
- Recipe makes approximately 15 bites, though this will vary based on the size of yours.
Lunches + Littles focuses on quick, healthy and fun meal options for little ones. One of the goals of Lunches + Littles is to share practical tips and tricks on how to make meals fun, all the while keeping things simple. A lover of colorful plates, and an advocate for getting kids in the kitchen, Lunches + Littles is also a great resource for parents of picky eaters, parents looking for healthy family and toddler recipes and those mamas (dads too!) who are short on time. A mantra of sorts: Making meals fun doesn’t have to be hard! With 3 little ones (4 years old and under) it can’t be! Follow @lunchesandlittles for more.