recipe by Laura Wells
For someone that has never been a picky eater, I ended up with two sons with a list of food demands that would rival any diva movie star.
My older son was always a struggle to get him to eat vegetables, let alone try them. And while my younger son is actually pretty good about eating vegetables it’s actually a pretty short list of foods he’ll eat.
Over the years I’ve learned to make some really delicious smoothies to incorporate more vegetables and protein into my sons’ diets. With Meal2Go from Sneakz, I’m able to make lots of yummy recipes like these crispy brown rice cacao squares.
The Meal 2 Go packets are great because they’re loaded with 16g of plant-based protein, including all the essential amino acids. Amino acids are vital to muscle building and maintenance, immune function, fat metabolism, sleep, and mood.
Read more about why Amino Acids are such an important part of your overall health and wellbeing here, and read on for this simple, nutritious recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup Sneakz Meal 2 Go (I used the chocolate flavor but any flavor would be great)
- 1/8 cup creamy nut butter*
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- Optional: Sliced almonds, dried fruit, shaved chocolate as a mix-in
How To Make Them:
- Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with vegetable oil of choice or use parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crispy rice cereal and Sneakz Meal 2 Go powder.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, add almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid burning, before removing from heat and allowing to cool slightly.
- Pour nut butter and syrup mixture into the cereal mix. Stir until everything is fully combined and all the cereal is well coated.
- Transfer to oiled baking dish. Using the spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Place pan into the fridge and allow to cool for an hour before cutting into squares.